- 12 rashers of bacon, sliced
- 9 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk (that’s 60ml)
- 1/4 cup cheese, grated (that’s 60g) – cheddar and gouda are each good choices right here.
- 1 tbsp of BBQ rub (Nando’s do a very good one, or go for good ol’ Schwartz)
1. Sprinkle BBQ rub over the bacon and smoke for 30-45 minutes at 225 levels. In the event you can’t smoke it, grill it in response to pack directions.
2. Spray every slot of a 12 tin muffin pan with non-stick spray
3. Line the muffin tin with the sliced bacon.
4. Mix the opposite elements in a big bowl and blend effectively.
5. Pour the egg combination into every muffin tin to about 2/3rds full
6. Prepare dinner the egg bites within the smoker at 400 levels (or within the oven at 200 levels) for quarter-hour or till set and revel in!
Be sure to cook dinner the bacon effectively previous to placing it within the muffin tin. This helps the bacon absolutely cook dinner, and offers it a few of that smoky flavour all of us love!
These egg bites are actually good whenever you add chopped sundried tomatoes and spinach to the combo, which can also be an effective way of working in the direction of your 5 a day. This recipe is an efficient base, don’t be afraid to experiment with different elements so as to add your individual aptitude to them.
Thesy make for a incredible make-ahead breakfast. You might attempt making a complete batch of those on a Sunday in order that your breakfasts for the week are taken care of.
See the unique recipe over on Smoked Meat Sunday here.